Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Meridian String Quartet to perform in Dallas, Las Colinas, and Arlington this week with the symphony!

I have to say, that this symphony concert this week is probably my favorite the whole time I've played with the Las Colinas Symphony, Garland Symphony, and Arlington Symphony. The Meridian String Quartet players will be performing in all three venues this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

To say the symphony has improved is an understatement. I feel truly blessed and lucky not only to be able to play music, but to perform with such a high caliber group. Over the last five years, this symphony has metamorphosized into a fabulous group and I couldn't be happier.

We are playing Prokofiev's Third Piano Concerto, Wagner's Overture to the Flying Dutchman, and Rimsky-Korsakov's Scherazade. How lucky am I!

I am listening to Martha Argerich's Prokofiev recording right now and am itching to get out to rehearsal tonight. If only she would come to Texas or atleast somewhere in the Western Hemisphere... she spends all of her time in Asia and Europe lately...

This weekend the Meridian Quartet musicians headed out to Waco to perform for a wedding (yes, we do commute outside of the DFW area for weddings and other events to perform). It was a beautiful venue- the trees were massive and proud and the crowd of people gathered underneath them in front of this post Civil War mansion paraded smiles around the lawn. It was a beautiful day and the wedding (besides the processional taking five minutes longer than usual -the bride was nowhere to be found, and caused the groom a little bit of an upset stomach until she arrived) was outstanding.

How cool is it to play for such a joyous occasion! I have a lot of gratitude right now that I chose a line of work that I truly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment